Bonjour
Twitter updates - @alethea_jane
    Hello
    ALETHEA
    Business Director of www.party-parlour.com and www.in3labs.com by day, avid whisky and spirits connoisseur by night.

    I can be contacted at Alethea @party-parlour.com Views expressed are my own, not that of the brands I associate with nor work with.


    BLOW - Voter's choice in the 2011's Martell The Ultimate Start Up Space contest



    SPONSORS
    Current
    www.erabelle.com
    www.pinkparlour.com
    www.facebook.com/MaybellineSG
    www.thumbelina.com.sg


    Past

    www.strip.com.sg/
    www.thebodyshop.com.sg/
    www.millys.com.sg/
    www.mekhalaliving.com/
    www.vanitytrove.com/
    www.bellabox.sg/
    www.summerhaven.biz
    www.browhaus.com
    www.facebook.com/majolicamajorcasingapore
    www.onerochester.com/
    www.aramsaspas.com/
    www.1-caramel.com/

    like it?
    My lil companies
    Party Parlour - photography and events

    in3labs - Creative Robotics Training



    Twister Salon's Kason Kiu

    Oh Hello.

    So I dyed my hair recently at Snip Avenue, this affordable chain of hair salons than you may find in every corner of Singapore (And thank god no pushy ah tiongs trying to convince me to do a hair treatment or something). It cost me a mere $65.80 for a L'Oreal hairdye and I chose a gold tinged blonde which I was happy with after, but I'm also itching to try out ash blonde (Maybe this July!)

    I was quoted $150 the week before at some random salon in NEX for the same thing.

    Having moved to Kovan recently places me well......quite comfortably within the heartlands of hougang. I'm kinda happy to have a provision shop located just beneath the block now. Not that our condo didn't have one but it was a walk across the pool and usually in the hot sun.

    It is easy to miss the east but I do enjoy living it up north since I spent all my childhood and adolescent years growing up in HG and supporting The Worker's Party? For one thing, there's lots of good food here, more so than in bedok! And there's tonnes of supper places, perfect for voracious eaters like me. You'll find punggol nasi lemak, teochew porridge even at 12midnight. And in the day you have the fabulous hawker food, and dominos pizza which I'll write about later this week since Omy.sg has invited me to DOMINO's tasting event.

    Because my head felt a little heavy and I am pretty sure it wasn't my brains. :( I decided on a whim to get a hair cut. I'll refrain from calling it a trim because Kason Kiu, this new stylist I read alot about online lopped up significant amounts of my crowning glory. I was pretty happy with the results - back to the old bangs or what my bf would term as "bowl" hairstyle. I requested for some layers on the side since my hair tends to be quite flat and bought a pot of hairwax. I'll test that out sometime soon and hopefully as Kason promised, I would be able to get a more voluminous look.

    This is my hair before - I look like marilyn manson in this one.
    (Oh the good news is I am now an owner of a ring flash. I plan to use it for my instant photography booth work but I guess it will come in handy for the blog as well)













    And here's the after shot- with my stylist innit and a more sane expression from me.













    My friend, Rachel Xie, the wonderful beauty writer at SImplyher magazine swears by Kason and I guess I'm a new convert now.

    His haircuts cost $39.90 for both men and women alike. And he's off every monday. See if you're keen.

    Twister Salon's located at Level 5 of Tampines-1 mall

    10 Tampines Central 1
    #05-26 Tampines 1
    Singapore 529536
    Tel: +65 6481 4044

    Operating hours:
    Weekdays 11am - 9pm
    Saturday 11am - 8pm
    Sunday 11am - 7pm

    ‚ù§ "Twister Salon's Kason Kiu" was Posted On: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 @2/01/2012 11:29:00 PM | 0 lovely comments ‚úø


    « Older posts | Newer posts »


    Please view with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Resources: TFN.