Bonjour
Twitter updates - @alethea_jane
    Hello
    ALETHEA
    Business Director of www.party-parlour.com and www.in3labs.com by day, avid whisky and spirits connoisseur by night.

    I can be contacted at Alethea @party-parlour.com Views expressed are my own, not that of the brands I associate with nor work with.


    BLOW - Voter's choice in the 2011's Martell The Ultimate Start Up Space contest



    SPONSORS
    Current
    www.erabelle.com
    www.pinkparlour.com
    www.facebook.com/MaybellineSG
    www.thumbelina.com.sg


    Past

    www.strip.com.sg/
    www.thebodyshop.com.sg/
    www.millys.com.sg/
    www.mekhalaliving.com/
    www.vanitytrove.com/
    www.bellabox.sg/
    www.summerhaven.biz
    www.browhaus.com
    www.facebook.com/majolicamajorcasingapore
    www.onerochester.com/
    www.aramsaspas.com/
    www.1-caramel.com/

    like it?
    My lil companies
    Party Parlour - photography and events

    in3labs - Creative Robotics Training



    the old adage goes 'One man's trash is another man's treasure' ,
    thus my old items ranging from sunglasses, shoes, a bag and some clothes have found themselves new leases of life at the most recent flea and easy @ Zouk.

    A flea market can't get any better really, think air-con and music. I've been to two others which required me to douse myself with fluids just to survive from the heat or bring along a stereo set just to hype things up , only to have someone tell me to shut it off because Akon sucks. Laughs.

    Well, the music wasn't my choice to begin with. (points fingers @ my brother) .

    With that said, I look forward to my next, and perhaps this time I would actually take some time pick out a polaroid camera, and items that I like.

    Tips on how to hold a flea market
    1) You would need a clothes rack, trust me (People had digging boxes no matter how nice the clothes init are)
    2) Bring a novelty Item, such as a hell-boy figurine my brother used. Attracts the attention
    3)Bring your pet. Live action they say. Everyone loves a fuzzy thing and im sure your pet would be delighted too.
    4)Picnic baskets, old suitcases even boxes will do the trick - only for people who are willing to rummage thru.
    5)Bring a mirror if you have one. (What's seen cant be unseen)
    6)Never let them try the clothes, from my observation, they wont buy it thereafter. Laughs
    and Hey, i was really nice, I let everyone who requested try whatever they wanted.
    7)Always offer a higher price and allow people to haggle it down thereafter.
    8)Heres the time also to recycle your old plastic carriers.
    or be a patriot and offer plastic bags with the singapura logo. *chuckles*
    9)offer your friends free clothes - what are friends for anyway
    10) Dont forget to stash snacks and drinks. The hours get grueling. Better yet, have yourself proper meals.

    that's all folks.

    ‚ù§ "" was Posted On: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 @2/19/2008 06:30:00 PM | 0 lovely comments ‚úø


    « Older posts | Newer posts »


    Please view with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Resources: TFN.